Tuesday, June 14, 2011

...Of Butterfly Kisses and Tutu

I can still remember the first time I saw her. She arrived with the funniest looking cone head. "Congratulations! She's a girl!" the doctor said to us as she handed this mucky tiny body to me. She blinked her big black eyes, staring intently at me. Studying me, just as I tried to grasp the very fact that I have just become a father. That was almost four years ago.

As I watched our daughter prep for her first ever recital, I am overwhelmed by emotions. It is a feeling that is hard to comprehend. It's another milestone. Where has all the time gone? I am breathless just trying to catch the fast moving tide of time. Please slow down! Our Charis, our little ballerina.









Ballet recital at the ACT Theatre in Maple Ridge, BC

 



No comments: